Instability in CS4

2D Fluid Dynamics plug-in
feniks

Re: Instability in CS4

Post by feniks » 14 Aug 2010, 17:03

ok, I found it. Tnx.

1 last thing, I'm charged 117euro instead of 77,5euro with the current exchange rate, that's a markup of 66%. You should advertise it on the site.

franchus

Post by franchus » 20 Aug 2010, 14:29

Hi,
Yesterday I bought the full version and am doing a simulation in After effects CS4 on a mac (2x3 GHz quad) 4GB RAM
it crashes all the time, I was trying to do it in 1920 HD at 12 fps and it was impossible, now I'm trying at half that resolution and Resolution scale at 4!!! it still crashes, it lets me run the simulation one time and then it prompts an out of memory and crashes... I've assigned 600MB of ram because at higher numbers it also crashes.
I need to work at full res.

Thanks
Frankie
:idea:
Attachments
crash reports.zip
(61.12 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
turbulence_crash_scene.zip
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 292 times
Last edited by franchus on 20 Aug 2010, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.

jascha
Site Admin

Post by jascha » 20 Aug 2010, 15:28

feniks wrote:ok, I found it. Tnx.

1 last thing, I'm charged 117euro instead of 77,5euro with the current exchange rate, that's a markup of 66%. You should advertise it on the site.
For countries in the EU 19% tax (german VAT) is added to the price of EUR99. As noted on the order page, the prices are in Euro without VAT.
You will get those 19% back from you country's tax department with your annual tax declaration.
For orders from countries outside the EU the total amount will be EUR99 (i.e. no tax is added).
jascha

franchus

Post by franchus » 24 Aug 2010, 11:53

franchus wrote:Hi,
Yesterday I bought the full version and am doing a simulation in After effects CS4 on a mac (2x3 GHz quad) 4GB RAM
it crashes all the time, I was trying to do it in 1920 HD at 12 fps and it was impossible, now I'm trying at half that resolution and Resolution scale at 4!!! it still crashes, it lets me run the simulation one time and then it prompts an out of memory and crashes... I've assigned 600MB of ram because at higher numbers it also crashes.

Thanks
Frankie
:idea:
Hey guys, I'm with a deadline and would really appreciate if you could take a look at my issue.
THNX

Frankie

jascha
Site Admin

Post by jascha » 25 Aug 2010, 09:36

franchus wrote:Hi,
I don't have the 3D Stroke plugin required by that project. Do you have a simple test project that reproduces the crash without it?
The problem seems to be that you're running out of memory, and the plugin does not gracefully handle this situation. Since CS4 is 32Bit, not all 4GB of RAM can be used by the application.
Try setting the amount of cache to the lowest possible value. If that's not enough, create a lower resolution composition (e.g. try halving width and height, if that's not enough do it again) and apply the T2D effect on that comp.
jascha