Filling Objects 12 m
Wind Tunnel 13 m
Igniting Fuel 14 m
Candle 45m

Over 13 Hours

Recorded at 1920 x 1080
Project Files Included

https://store.payloadz.com/details/2605 ... ntals.html
Last edited by paulselhi on 25 Mar 2019, 23:40, edited 7 times in total.

ten

Re: TFD For Cinema 4D Fundamentals Tutorials and Projects

Post by ten » 28 May 2014, 07:38

Just started watching these and impressed so far. Some very good learning, thanks Paul.

ten

paulselhi

Post by paulselhi » 29 May 2014, 16:07

There is an example tutorial you can download from the above link
Last edited by paulselhi on 26 Mar 2019, 01:51, edited 1 time in total.

richards

Post by richards » 30 May 2014, 10:24

Hi Paul,

thanks for sharing your testsetup tutorial.
I would like to give you some feedback and some well ment hints for your appreciated work:

With your free intro tutorial you want to do some advertising for your work, so i would suggest make an own intro video for that purpose
showing all the features you are going to introduce during the course and show some nice works as appetizers!
In the tutorials take care of the following points:

- short introduction: show the golden thread running trough your tutorial - what are the goals, what settings and functions will you use

- Prepare your tutorials: dont show try-and-error process for achieving a goal (i know thats real life, but people want to save this time watching your tutorials).

- be precise what you say and be as clear and short as possible

- describe the steps you need to take to achieve the goal ( you may mention the pitfalls as well, but stick to the golden thread and keep it short and simple)

- dont spend too much time with rendering - pause the video and just show the result instead

- divide your videos into subchapters for quick access of topics (where possible)

- dont do too much parameter tweaking in the videos (prepare the right values in front) - this saves time and gives a clear impression of a straight forward process

So, dont get me wrong - I just want to help creating better valued tutorials :-)

That were just the most important points i came across in your tutorials.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience!

cheers, richards

paulselhi

Post by paulselhi » 30 May 2014, 10:33

thanks taken on board but somehow i like to do my tuts on the fly, with some planning of course. I just feel more comfortable doing them this way, i often find scripted tutorials cold and i hate that chirpy happy sound of a scripted tutorial

paulselhi

Post by paulselhi » 30 May 2014, 11:06

The other issue i have with scripted tutorials, and there are example made by a few professional sites that i am sure you know who i mean, is that the "teacher" scims over the details of the program concentrating on areas they understand and avoiding areas they are weak on. They tend to just throw a load of parameters and settings at you so you can recreate their scenes but have not really given you an insight into how the s/w works

This fundamental set, though i do have several project based tuts there, is mainly aimed at demystifying the plugin. This means going through each setting and explaining what each does, tricky to script and not sound just like a reading of the manual. I think these things are better done unscripted.

Once people have a solid grounding with TFD, which is what this set gives, I can go onto make more complete projects with less need to explain every setting.

richards

Post by richards » 30 May 2014, 13:42

See what you mean :-)

I just wanted to help let your tuts look more professional, sometimes I feel they come more on a try-and-error basis and
come a bit longy sometimes misssing the final point or at least the golden thread.
You can have it look professional without getting it into cold business atmosphere, i guess.

Just my two cents - guess you improved quite a bit in tutorial skills over time :-)

To have it look more professional definetly needs more preparation and time, but i think it would
give you also much more attention and image.
I hate those selfmarketing myslf :-)

cheers, richard

paulselhi

Post by paulselhi » 31 May 2014, 17:20

Thanks taken on board. Have you watched the full set ? which section do you think needs the most adjustment and why ?

richards

Post by richards » 31 May 2014, 23:09

From the new set I just watched the intro (test setup) -
but I watched quite a few of your older ones :-)

I had to rewatch them all to exactly tell you where i see space for improvement -
but i think you got my point and just decide your own :-)

There is nothing bad with them and everybody has his own style which is fine.
I just wanted to give some feedback for improvement towards a more professional overall "look".

paulselhi

Post by paulselhi » 31 May 2014, 23:21

Ok thanks for that so you have not actually watched this tutorial set and critique is for the older ones. I am fine with that and am pleased to have feedback, just to let prospective purchasers know that. As an aside many people have told me that my tutorials are good, they do not have fancy frills are direct and get to the bones,and are more useful then many others especially those that just ask you to plug in numbers without any explanation.

Also it is worth noting that most of my tutorials were at one time free and thus were done as a hobby, hence they are not as professional as they may have been. I decided to charge for them since many were downloading them for free, not bothering to thank me and in fact earning good money from the knowledge i had given out freely.