crash using realflow and TFD

Fluid Dynamics for CINEMA 4D
Christianz

crash using realflow and TFD

Post by Christianz » 30 Mar 2016, 16:36

Hello everyone,

I am just working on a little animation where I am importing particles from RealFlow in form of Thinking particles and let them emit temperature. It is all very simple with a TP-particle geometry object and with the TFD emitter tag on it.
Last year, I made this short animation using a very similar setup:
http://www.cardiomyocytes.com/TFD/burni ... f-tfd1.mov
But now, less luck: the thinking particles series is played without problems in the editor (without simulation), but soon after start of caching with TFD, a crash happens and interestingly by the Realflow-plugin that loads the particles. Has anybody else seen such a thing using the latest versions of C4DR17, TFD, OSX10.11.14 ?
Sometimes it does not happen on the first frames, which makes it harder to reproduce.

_BugReport.zip
(38.65 KiB) Downloaded 103 times

paulselhi

Re: crash using realflow and TFD

Post by paulselhi » 30 Mar 2016, 17:06

Best to report the bug via the... err... "report a bug" option in your account page

Christianz

Post by Christianz » 30 Mar 2016, 17:47

Ok, will do.

In the meantime I try to load the particles via a different way, since the crash was reported to occur in the realflow plugin. This is anyway weird, because the particle loading works well without simulation.

Christianz

Post by Christianz » 31 Mar 2016, 08:06

It definitely is one of the stranger problems: after restarting C4D, I could TFD-simulate and fully cache an entire animation over night producing more than 500GB cache data. So far so good. Then I turned off OpenGL to have faster editor speed, wanted to change some settings and a single click on the container crashed C4D. Now, every time I open this C4D scene and click on the TFD-container the program crashes. May not have to do anything with the realflow issue since I have deleted the realflow particle loader in this scene before.

Christianz

Post by Christianz » 02 Mar 2018, 17:10

Update. I don't know about the standalone version of RealFlow, but the next version of the RealFlow plugin-version for Cinema4D (RFC4D) should fully support TurbulenceFD
http://www.nextlimit.com/realflow/rfc4d2-5_webinar/