Beta Release v0.1.6

Release Notes
Download Windows Installer
Installation Instructions

System Requirements

• Windows 8.1 or later
  • Cinema 4D integration requires R20 or later
  • GPU simulation requires an Nvidia GPU with CUDA CC 3.5 or later (see https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-GPUs).
  • Redshift integration in standalone app requires Redshift v3.0.36.
    Redshift in C4D is unaffected by this requirement.

Changes

• [Build] Version number on nightly build installers did not include sub-patch count.
  • [Cache] Fixed: sequence render tried to amend cache when jumping between frames.
  • [Templates] Updated explosion template shading.
  • [UI] Several styling and icon updates.
  • [UI] Fixed crash on startup if stored window size was degenerate.
  • [UI] Fixed: Splitter positions not restored correctly in some cases.
  • [Viewport] Made rainbow shading independent of density scale.
  • [VolumeMaterial] Added emission masking.
  • [VolumeMaterial] Added emission blurring.

Here is a render of the explosion template using the new shading options:

2 Likes

In Tfdv1 I have several tricks to render nice dark smoke over fire. But I guess now it’s much easier. Thanks Jascha.
BTW I think this channel is best reference for you while RnD. Tfd Reaction will go beyon Houdini if it can simulate exactly like that :slight_smile:
https://www.youtube.com/user/atom3196/videos

The advantage of the blurring/masking approach is that it renders almost as fast as without illumination while giving you the look of multi-scattered self-illumination. Also, the effects of the parameters relate to visual changes more directly than illumination parameters do, making them more easily tweakable.

1 Like
  • When I run installer off Reactions-0.1.6-9. There are nothing inside C:\Program Files\Jawset Reactions. I also cannot find any Reaction file on my laptop. Is it a bug?
  • Is Vorticity parameter is in near future plans ?
    Thanks.

The installer should create C:\Program Files\Jawset Reactions with several sub-folders. Windows will ask you whether to run the installer and you’ll have to select “More Info” and then “Run Anyway”.

Yes, the Turbulence node will get a Vorticity parameter in one of the next updates.

1 Like