Broken Scenes in LW2020

No problem! It’s my pleasure. Thank you for supporting us both! :slight_smile: =^…^=___!

Sure.

I love the spirit of the community and the 3rd party tools and training are really essential.

:slight_smile:

Marcus

LightWave or death! =^…^=____!

1 Like

You’ll still need a tray

Tray? For kats :slight_smile:

Hi Jascha !

I hope you are doing fine !

Any news on the broken scenes and how to fix TFD LW2020 compatibility ?

Regards
Marcus

Hi Jascha !

Just saw your message here so I sent my E-Mails again to support at jawset.com

I hope you received it.
If not I will try from another e-mail address.
Maybe a spam filter problem.

Regards
Marcus

I believe Gradients and BlackBody doesn’t work correctly with LW 2019 and 2020.

More specifically,

Smoke with a texture “T” button applied makes the smoke black. The same things happens with Fire if you change blackbody to manual. The color information doesn’t seem to work.

Smoke does work correctly if you only change the color and disable texture “T” button. As soon as you add the T button, it just changes to only black.

For the Fire Shader, black body works correctly, until you change it to manual and everything becomes black again.

Here is a sample screen capture.

This is with LW 2019.1.5, using VPR, and with the “use legacy volumetric” checked. I have not tested this with 2020. Thanks.

1 Like

This has been a problem for some time. Typically I disable the gradient and use a single base color. Although that doesn’t really provide for when you need to produce a colorized smoke effect that blends working with a gradient.

I’m also noticing that the preview does not update as I change the parameters, I have to restart the gpu sim to get it to take effect again, which is not ideal.

I would say that its the other way around. If you try and make changes to settings with VPR open, because VPR is very hyperactive, you can run into major problems if you have the scattering function enabled. Also remember that this may be what newtek developers refer to as “near-time”. Tap the timeline forward and back a frame and see if it updates then.

Nevermind, I thought the parameters updated the sim in realtime, but I don’t think that ever worked like that. So disregard my last message on that.

They do if you do an interactive simulation but no data is saved

Could you try the new TFD LW build 1460? This should resolve the crashes during render.

Hi Jascha !

I checked the new TFD build 1460 which solves the crashes with VPR, F9 and F10 renderings in my tests.
LW 2020.0.0 und LW 2020.0.1 Win Pro 10.

Still some problems remain as LW freezes when using Abort Render.
Also some scenes render only every second frame like TFD simple explosion sample scene.
Numbering 002, 004, 006 … 130 (instead of 001, 002, 003…).
Rendering only 65 of 130 frames stating 50% sequence and freezing LW.
Some images are missing smoke and have different brightness.

At least one step forward in getting TFD 1.0 working with LW2020.

Regards
Marcus

Do you have a third party renderer you could test it with ?

Hi Paul !

LW native renderer “only”.
No Octane for testing.

Regards
Marcus

1 Like

Hi Jascha !

Unchecking “Simulate while rendering scene” in the Fluid Container solves the sequence rendering issue.
Now rendering is complete without any frame skipping.

Regards
Marcus

1 Like

Thanks!!! I was tearing my hair out trying to figure what was going on there!

Yes, btw, the black smoke texture issue is the same with Lightwave 2020 also.

1 Like