LW 2020.2 Error="Plugin TFD Containers will not operate in this application"

I have recently moved to a new PC computer with a NVIDIA RTX2080 card. I am trying to reinstall my TFD plugins in LW 2015, 2019, and 2020.

However when I install the latest TFD (TurbulenceFD_LW_v1-0_1466) plugin I get the following error:

“Plugin TFD Containers will not operate in this application” with Containers being any TFD plugin operation.

This error pops up in LW 2015, 2019, and 2020, so I don’t think it’s the fault of the application.

I never had this problem with TFD before and I have been using it since 2015.

Any ideas on how to solve this issuse?

Thank you for reporting this issue. I’ll try to reproduce this error and get back to you.

1 Like

Do I need an older version of TFD with the RTX 2080Ti?

More info:
Video Card GeForce RTX 2080Ti
Driver 461.40
Processor i7-8700K @ 3.7.GHz
RAM 16GB

The RTX 20xx series is supported in the latest build.

I was not able to reproduce this error with LW 2019.0.0 or LW 2020.0.2. When exactly do you get this error message? Does it show up when scanning the plugin directory instead of “27 Plug-ins found in 75 files” message?
Or does it show up when then loading a scene with TFD objects in them?

I had a hard drive corruption issue within minutes of replying to your email, so I was not able to follow up at that time. I had to reformat my hard drive and start from scratch.

I just finished reinstalling all my software and finally was able to test TFD on the system. It now works like a charm!

Many thanks for your attention to this! :smiley: :grinning:

1 Like