Problem: Container not shown in viewport

I am thinking of buying TurbulenceFD.
I tried to install the trial version but when I create a TurbulenceFD Container, I don’t see anything in the viewport.
It seems to create nothing.
I use Cinema4D R21 and I installed TFD 1449le.

The procedure that I have carried out is this:

• Extract TFD to a folder
  • In Cinema4D Edit / Preferences / Plugins and add the extracted folder to the Search Paths
  • Extensions - TFD - TFD Container
    … The container is created but there is nothing in the viewport …
    Is it a bug ???

Make sure you have no viewport filters on
Over 13 hours of Tutorials and Projects recorded at 1920 x 1080

Great, “Particle” was disabled.
That’s strange because I usually use X.particles :confused:
Thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am having the same problem. I’m using TFD version 1465 in Cinema 4D R22 on a new Mac Pro. The container and simulation do not show up in the viewport although I can see the simulation when I render. The particle filter is checked on (as are all the others).
Any ideas?

Check your viewport settings on the tfd container…reset all to default. Then check your Cinema 4D view settings are not filtering it out.

The current build does not yet support the new Apple Metal viewport on R22 on MacOS. There will be an update soon to resolve this.

1 Like

Ahh… that explains it.
OK, I’ll watch for the update. Thank you Jascha!

Hi Paul~
Yes, everything is set to default and still no go (works in C4D R21, however).
Thanks.

1 Like

Same here - nothing in viewport. Looked at everything. Hope this is resolved soon!

Anyone found a solution? I really can’t buy the plugin if it’s not functioning in trial mode!

The issue referred to in this thread applies only to R22/R23 on MacOS. Your issue as described in your other thread must have a different cause.

Same here - Still cant work with TurbulenceFD in Cinema4d R23

Which version of TFD, C4D and MacOS are you using?

1466 currently requires macOS 10.14 or newer to support the Metal viewport. I’ll look into whether it can be made to work on 10.13 as well.

1 Like

Hello! I’ve just installed Turbulence FD LE and I have the same problem here. Could you tell me please, has it been already solved or not? C4D 22, 1470le, macOS 10.15.7

I’m having the same issue with C4D R22 and the latest version of TFD. Running on MacOS 10.15.7

Any help would be appreciated.

Go to Options - Configure - Filter
and make “Particle” active. That’s it. Work fine

1 Like

The Turbulence FD container is still not showing in the viewport. I am running R22 and TFD 1470, Mac OS 10.15.7. Particles is checked in Filter and still no go. Works fine in R21.
Anyone have any fixes?
Thanks!
Sandy