Turbulence FD Version 2.0?

You’re welcome. :wink:

Would love to see it! =^…^=___!

Hi
Is there any information about how the new version of the plugin will be distributed?
Will it be free for all users who have already purchased a license for version 1?
Or is it possible to pay extra for updates to version 2?
Or do you need to purchase it separately?

The exact pricing has not been set yet. But there will be staggered upgrade pricing. That means the more recent your purchase of TFD was, the lower the upgrade price will be.

We are in Q4 now.

Previewing began in Q3. You can see the first previews here and here. More are on the way.

3 Likes

What is the status of a LightWave3D version?

Plugins for Lightwave and other host are planned for a phase following the standalone app and C4D plugin.
Until then, the standalone app will allow for workflows with Lightwave similar to how Layout and Modeler interact.

Any chance of LW11 Support ?

The supported host versions and other details of plugins in later phases are not worked out yet.

did a poll on it, so some interest for LW11 / LW2015
https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php/163605

so is there any date of release ?

I’m expecting to commit to a release date during Q1.

3 Likes

Very Cool

Sound spiffy. Please keep us posted. I would like to get onto the training side of the new version ASAP so people can be brought up to speed on it fast.

hi, Jascha
I’m very happy about the announcement of TurbulenceFD2.0.
I am a TFD user of LW.
I would like to know the schedule of MODO PLUGIN for TurbulenceFD2.0.
I think the MODO plugin was announced 4-5 years ago, but what has happened since then?
MODO 15.0 has a lot of changes, including an update to Python 3.7 and an update to QT5.
Please let me know if there are any plans for a TFD plugin.

Screw modo! Support LightWave3D first!

Well, ‘announcement’ is a strong word for what i wrote back then :slight_smile: There was indeed a prototype for a Modo plugin a while ago. The focus then shifted on extending the core toolset first, though. The plan is still to support several 3D host apps. The first release will be with a standalone app and C4D plugin. Then we’ll look at several hosts and figure out which order works best to build the plugins.

1 Like

Hi, Jascha
Thank you for your kind reply.
I understand the development status very well.
I am looking forward to future releases.
I plan on buying the standalone version alone. :grin:

Don’t forget your LightWave users! =^…^=

1 Like