Beta Release v0.2.0

Confirming that the RTX 3070 no longer gets stuck.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll try to email it to support. Your forum software says they’re too big.

**how can I send these? We transfer? To what address?

And nothing is editable on the preferences Account but the picture.

Hm, the upload limit is at 16MB, which should be plenty for a log file. Couldl you try zip’ing it?
Otherwise any cloud-storage service will do, then send the link.
Thank you.

I’ll look into the missing username field.

The Octane scene update issue should be fixed in Beta Release v0.2.1
If you have been experiencing this issue, please try this new build.
Thank you.

Hi - trying to test the new version, I’ve deleted all trace (I think!) of the previous install, but can’t get the new one installed as I get the error ‘The specified account already exists’. Is there something I missed deleting that will fix this?
Windows10, C4D R24. (I’ve got TFD installed already hope they don’t conflict?)
Cheers - Chris

Yeah, my C4D crash dump is 607mb. Here’s a pic.
C4D dump size

However, here’s my Reactions.log renamed as .txt to upload it. Your forum won’t accept .log files.
reactions.log.txt (220.6 KB)

Hope this helps. And thanks for your help on the forum stuff, too.

Yeah version 0.2.1 did fix the update issue in Octane. It works by clicking on the ruler, not if if you use the single frame advance button. But it works! And the cameras (viewport and LV) match as well now, too! Thank you, Jascha.

Forum username changes via User Menu/Preferences/Account/Username are enabled now.
Real-name and email changes must be done via https://jawset.com/account

Thank you, Jascha.

Does the account-exists error message come up while running the Reactions installer? Does that also happen with the latest Beta Release v0.2.1?

TFD is supposed to not conflict with Reactions. ATM there are no reports that it does.

It comes up while running the installer. Here’s a screencap with the 021 beta, so you can see how far the installer gets:

Thanks - Chris

1 Like

I can confirm the responsiveness-issue when when activating the Redshift RenderView.
Does Beta Release v0.2.1 work for you with Octane?

Chris,

I had this error and found if I uninstalled the previous the version first, then the new version would install without this issue. Not sure if this your case.

BC

Thanks BC - I’ve been through the HD and deleted any files I could find, will have another look through though as I’m sure you’re right.

The Reactions installer creates the following folders. No files are created outside of these folders.

• %PROGRAMFILES%\Jawset Reactions
  • %PROGRAMFILES%\Maxon Cinema 4D R25\plugins\Reactions
    for all installed C4D versions R20 or newer unless you deactivate it in the installer’s options.

The v0.2.0 had an issue when upgrading an installed version. v0.2.0-28 and v0.2.1 should upgrade fine, though.

Good to know. Yeah, the 2.0 to 0.20-28 upgrade is where I got that error.

BTW, is there anyway to render particles with Reactions in Octane like I can in X-particles (i.e. making snow)? Thanks.

Fixed thanks! I ran the old installer, uninstalled then the new one worked fine. User error no doubt :face_with_monocle:

Great, Chris.

This is planned for v0.2.2. I’m not yet sure if the first iteration will work in all 3rd party renderers, it will eventually, though.

Thank you, Jascha. I’ll watch for it and test when available. Now back to regular work.