Beta Release v0.2.0

You can set the cache path as follows:

• From the C4D menu select Reactions BETA/Graph Editor
  • In the Scene Tree tab select create
  • The Cache Path parameter is available in the Attributes tab
    You can also set the default base path for new cache folders in the Preferences tab.

Thank you, Jascha. I’ll try it later when I’m back on my system,

Hi, where do I send it to?

I tried uploading a zip here and it said New Users Can’t Attach Files.

I Jascha,

Regarding rendering with octane.
I made a simple scene, opened c4d and added the Flame Thrower from the Example tab.
I added the octane object tag to the Legacy Render Bridge.

I can see something rendering but the Octane Live Viewer does not match the viewport.
It seems as octane is rendering sections of the flames as it plays the animation.
It also seems that even if the flame is in full view on the viewport, it is cut off out of frame in the Live Viewer.

I wanted to share the scene and screenshots but I get this message when trying to upload:
“Sorry, new users can not upload attachments.”

You can PM it to me here or send it to support@jawset.com.

Build v0.2.0-28 should fix the issue with RTX 30 series GPUs, the hang when using split viewports in C4D and a few others.
If you have encountered any of these issues before, please try this build and let me know if it works for you.
Thank you.

Okay, using C4D R25 and the new 0.2.0-28 beta, using different views in the viewport does work now. Thank you.

Three issues:

1. C4D Viewport and Octane LV don’t match. Camera angles are slightly different. I think someone else mentioned this. See pics below.

2. Having Reactions plugin installed causes C4D to hang on close. Only way to close it is through Taskmanger and force quit C4D.

3. Reactions plugin will only work from the default (C:\Program Files\Maxon Cinema 4D R25\plugins) If I put it where are all my other plugins are on a separate drive, C4D R25 crashes on start. Everything else works, but Reactions. So I must leave it on the C: drive default.

View mismatch pics:

P.S. How do we change our username to not show our full name?

1 Like

Thanks Brian.

I can confirm the Octane issue. It seems to be working until you change the frame while Octane LV is active.

I could not reproduce issues 2 or 3, though. Did you get a crash report from C4D in either case (possibly after restarting it)? If so, could you send the _BugReport.txt?
Please send your %HOMEPATH%\ReactionsData\reactions.log in either case.

The plugins should load fine from any location if the main install is still at its default location %PROGRAMFILES%\Jawset Reactions.

You can change your forum username in the user menu on the top right, Preferences, Account.

Confirming that the RTX 3070 no longer gets stuck.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll try to email it to support. Your forum software says they’re too big.

**how can I send these? We transfer? To what address?

And nothing is editable on the preferences Account but the picture.

Hm, the upload limit is at 16MB, which should be plenty for a log file. Couldl you try zip’ing it?
Otherwise any cloud-storage service will do, then send the link.
Thank you.

I’ll look into the missing username field.

The Octane scene update issue should be fixed in Beta Release v0.2.1
If you have been experiencing this issue, please try this new build.
Thank you.

Hi - trying to test the new version, I’ve deleted all trace (I think!) of the previous install, but can’t get the new one installed as I get the error ‘The specified account already exists’. Is there something I missed deleting that will fix this?
Windows10, C4D R24. (I’ve got TFD installed already hope they don’t conflict?)
Cheers - Chris

Yeah, my C4D crash dump is 607mb. Here’s a pic.
C4D dump size

However, here’s my Reactions.log renamed as .txt to upload it. Your forum won’t accept .log files.
reactions.log.txt (220.6 KB)

Hope this helps. And thanks for your help on the forum stuff, too.

Yeah version 0.2.1 did fix the update issue in Octane. It works by clicking on the ruler, not if if you use the single frame advance button. But it works! And the cameras (viewport and LV) match as well now, too! Thank you, Jascha.

Forum username changes via User Menu/Preferences/Account/Username are enabled now.
Real-name and email changes must be done via https://jawset.com/account

Thank you, Jascha.

Does the account-exists error message come up while running the Reactions installer? Does that also happen with the latest Beta Release v0.2.1?

TFD is supposed to not conflict with Reactions. ATM there are no reports that it does.

It comes up while running the installer. Here’s a screencap with the 021 beta, so you can see how far the installer gets:

Thanks - Chris

1 Like

I can confirm the responsiveness-issue when when activating the Redshift RenderView.
Does Beta Release v0.2.1 work for you with Octane?