Crashing on 6787 R21

There is a noticeable delay in both reactions and c4d…could it be having 2 cards installed causes issues ? Note C4D does not give me any primary compute options whereas reactions does and it defaults to my 1070 on bus 2 as opposed to the Titan on bus 1

no luck with 6803

The changes since 6797 were not related to this issue.
I’ll have a special build for you soon that will generate extra logging info to narrow this down.

1 Like

I was able to reproduce very similar behavior on a machine with a different GPU/driver combination. Please try build 6817 to check if this was the same issue you are seeing.
Thanks.

OK Reactions “seems” fine but as I have no idea what all the buttons do on the right of the timeline i am not able to fully test !! It would be good if you did a quick video showing how to sim and render out the explosion example scene.
No change with cinema 4d, it still gives no options for compute device

I can confirm the missing compute device selection in C4D. To work around it until it’s fixed:

• select the device in the standalone
  • quit the standalone (to save the setting)
  • (re-)start C4D (to load the setting)
    Then loading the explosion preset in an empty scene should work.

I’ll begin creating documentation ASAP. Until then, the buttons right of the playback controls are:

• Render Sequence (using attributes on the /render folder)
  • Enable Cache (is disabled will not store/load from disk and always recompute)
  • Clear Cache (delete disk and RAM cache)
  • Enable Sim (if disabled will not compute anything - only for error situation)
1 Like

Sorry workaround does not work…still no primary compute device in cinema 4d

I meant that the compute device should be selected internally, s.t. you should be able to run the explosion sim. The UI still won’t show the devices.

Build 6824 fixes the missing compute device selection in C4D.
It also shows status bar info when hovering buttons.

OK so now C4D has the compute device but loading the explosion scene gives me a couple of objects in OM but that is all…nothing to select, no reaction options or sim abilities, no emitters etc…

The nodes are not mapped to C4D objects yet. You should see the volume in the viewport, though - effectively the same like adding the preset in the standalone.
Is the black viewport background in C4D a configuration setting or is this only happening with Reactions?

Only with Reactions

Still no change with 6856 within cinema 4d

There were no changes related to this issue yet. I’ll let you know when it makes sense to give it another try.

1 Like

Could you try the new build 7071? It has a fixes that may affect this issue.

OK will give it a check soon…do hope I can get to play !!

No improvement…I will try later by removing a card and see if it is a dual card issue they are not matched…your Titan and my 1070
I am use 1462 TFD as updating always causes licence issues…should I do so ?

And I get this in Reactions when previously i at least saw a voxel shading

That is with both cards in , C4D is the same as before…something seems to be going on but I see nothing.

Could you attach the log file %USERPROFILE%\ReactionsData\reactions.log? Thanks.